Today we worked as a group to design the last project we’ll be doing for this year.
Things we want our last game to have:
- Probably 1st person
- Possibly 3rd person
- Possibly switch between 1st and 3rd person
- RPG elements
- Maybe some platformer elements
- Bird’s Eye View
- Hack and Slash
- Ranged Combat
- Different kinds of weapons
- Scary Monsters (and nice Sprites! (nice callout to Skrillex))
- Menus, Save Screen
- Leveling up, and degrading equipment and stats
- Custom Weapons
- NPCs, mobile NPCs
Here’s how we’ve narrowed these options down.
- This will be first person primarily. If it is easy to add 3rd person switching, we’ll do that. Otherwise, we’ll let that go.
- Open World, Sandbox, RPG
- Magical, Steam-punk, Apocalypse — Basically, whatever theme the individual wants to apply. This is where the project will be personalized by person
- Probably limit to one level, which is the main map
- If we have time, and it seems easy, we might expand to multiple levels (essentially making the map larger)
- We prefer that the game be multiplayer. However, there may be limitations on our time and the tools (Unity, the student accounts on the lab PCs) that prevent us from accomplishing multiplayer.